The 7th annual Midwest Cognitive Science Conference (2018) will be held May 12th (9:00 AM – 7:00 PM) and 13th (9:00 AM – noon) at Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana. This meeting is intended to provide a forum for faculty and students to present their research on cognitive science to their peers from across the Midwest.
The sconference will be held at the new Global and International Studies Building located at 355 N. Jordan on the Bloomington campus of Indiana University. The conference will include two sessions of 20-minute talks in main auditorium from 9:00-noon and 1:30-4:00 on May 12, and from 9:00-noon on May 13. There will also be a keynote talk by Susan Goldin-Meadow on May 12 from 4:00-5:00 PM, as well as a poster session and reception in the atrium from 5:00-7:00PM.
- May 11: Parking information: Parking is free on Saturday and Sunday at any IU parking garage. The closest one to the conference venue is the Jordan Avenue Garage at 150 N. Jordan Avenue
- May 9: The schedule tab now has links to an updated schedule and book of abstracts.
- May 3: We have added an insider's guide to food and drink in Bloomington (thanks to Sam Cohen)
- May 1: If you are presenting a poster, the poster stands will support a 4 feet X 4 feet poster. We will have supplies for affixing the posters to the stands.
- May 1: Note, talks are only 12 minutes + 3 minutes Q&A
- April 25: Online registration is closed. If you haven't registered yet, bring cash or a check for on-site registration
- February 21: deadline for submission of 250 word abstracts
- March 15: Decisions from the Program Committee
- April 15: Registration deadline
- May 12-13: The Conference
Two Other Related 2018 Conferences in Bloomington
- The Midwest Undergraduate Cognitive Science Conference: April 7
- Workshop on Human and Machine Learning: May 14-15 – immediately following our Midwest Cognitive Science Conference
- Co-Chairs: Robert Goldstone and Franco Pestilli
- Organization Committee: Sandra Kübler and Kylie Peppler
- Student Organizers: Samantha Cohen, Yanjun Liu, Filip Miscevic, Yiming Qian, Hector Ruiz Guevara, Yayun Zhang
- Web Design: Oyedotun Oyesanmi
- The Cognitive Science Program at Indiana University
- The Indiana University Emerging Area of Research on Learning: Machines, Brains & Children
- The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Indiana University